Latest Local News
ENTER TO WIN!
Keep checking with us for details of our newest contest.
We will be posting next week!
Civil Rights Act signed
On this day in 1964, U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, perhaps the most important U.S. law on civil rights since Reconstruction (1865–77) and a hallmark of the American civil rights movement.
“Gonna Fly Now (Theme From ‘Rocky’)” is the #1 song on the U.S. pop charts
On July 2, 1977, Hollywood composer Bill Conti scores a #1 pop hit with the single “Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky).”
Amelia Earhart disappears
On July 2, 1937, the Lockheed aircraft carrying American aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Frederick Noonan is reported missing near Howland Island in the Pacific.
Baltimore Sun Maryland News
- Diana Edwards Murnaghan, an expert on 18th century ceramics, dies by Jacques Kelly on December 7, 2022 at 10:00 am
Diana Edwards Murnaghan, an art historian and author who focused on ceramics, died of autoimmune disease complications Nov. 26 at her Mount Vernon Place home. […]
- Bits & Bites: New whiskey distillery opens in Westminster, Texas... by Amanda Yeager on December 7, 2022 at 10:00 am
Plus an opening date for Shake Shack in Brewers Hill and Mama's makes moves in Baltimore County.
- Chase opens West Baltimore branch, announces small business... by Lorraine Mirabella on December 7, 2022 at 10:00 am
JPMorgan Chase has opened a branch at Mondawmin Mall in West Baltimore, one of 14 nationally in the bank’s community center format, and on Wednesday […]
- Plane that hit tower near Gaithersburg flew below minimum... on December 7, 2022 at 4:46 am
A small plane that crashed into a Maryland electricity transmission tower last month was flying below minimum altitudes while approaching an airport in foggy […]
- Juul will pay Maryland $13 million to settle multistate... by Cassidy Jensen on December 7, 2022 at 4:08 am
Juul Labs will pay Maryland $13 million under an agreement that resolves a multistate investigation into the e-cigarette company’s marketing and sales […]
- Patterson Bowling Center, the oldest continuously operating... by Cassidy Jensen on December 7, 2022 at 3:36 am
A plan is in the works to preserve Patterson Bowling Center, believed to be the oldest continuously operating duckpin bowling alley in the country.
- New Baltimore County school board members take the dais as TABCO... by Sabrina LeBoeuf on December 7, 2022 at 3:36 am
Meeting on Tuesday night, the newly reconfigured Baltimore County school board heard teacher union members discuss issues with payment and health benefits and […]
- Security guard charged with fatal shooting of man in... by Alex Mann on December 7, 2022 at 3:35 am
The security guard who fatally shot a man after an altercation at a bar in Highlandtown last month has been charged with murder, Baltimore police say.
- Ever Forward’s pilot was looking at cellphone moments before... by Hayes Gardner on December 7, 2022 at 3:34 am
Nearly nine months after the Ever Forward, a 1,095-foot container ship, ran aground in the Chesapeake Bay, the U.S. Coast Guard published its investigation.