Latest Local News
ENTER TO WIN!
Keep checking with us for details of our newest contest.
We will be posting next week!
Civil Rights Act signed
On this day in 1964, U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, perhaps the most important U.S. law on civil rights since Reconstruction (1865–77) and a hallmark of the American civil rights movement.
“Gonna Fly Now (Theme From ‘Rocky’)” is the #1 song on the U.S. pop charts
On July 2, 1977, Hollywood composer Bill Conti scores a #1 pop hit with the single “Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky).”
Amelia Earhart disappears
On July 2, 1937, the Lockheed aircraft carrying American aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Frederick Noonan is reported missing near Howland Island in the Pacific.
Baltimore Sun Maryland News
- Glen Burnie man killed Sunday morning in double shooting at... by Dan Belson on September 26, 2022 at 5:11 pm
A man was killed in a double shooting early Sunday morning at a recording studio in Odenton, Anne Arundel County Police said.
- Juvenile charged after two people stabbed in Cockeysville,... by Lilly Price on September 26, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Baltimore County Police arrested and charged a juvenile with stabbing two people in Cockeysville on Sunday evening, Baltimore County Police said.
- Anne Arundel candidates gear up for the November general... by Dana Munro on September 26, 2022 at 9:00 am
While many of the names on the ballot will be familiar to primary voters, a few new candidates conducting write-in campaigns will appear on the ballot […]
- James G. Prather, a retired CSX official, Coast Guard veteran... by Frederick N. Rasmussen on September 26, 2022 at 9:00 am
James G. Prather, a retired CSX official, a Coast Guard veteran and a Eucharistic minister, died Sept. 4 at his Homeland residence in Baltimore. He was 89.
- With help from Maryland families, scientists find overlooked... by Meredith Cohn on September 26, 2022 at 9:00 am
Previously overlooked genes for moderate autism are discovered with the help of Maryland families.
- Maryland weather: Severe thunderstorm watch canceled Sunday but... by Lilly Price on September 25, 2022 at 10:32 pm
A weekend of pleasant fall weather ended with some rain in the Baltimore area, but predicted storms bringing a possible tornado and damaging winds mainly […]
- ‘We’re here to help’: Baltimore City Public School staff... by Lilly Price on September 25, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Baltimore City Public Schools held a Super Outreach Sunday phone bank to get in touch with students who have 10 or more unexcused absences or have yet to […]
- Anne Arundel firefighter injured in two-alarm Curtis Bay blaze... by Cassidy Jensen on September 25, 2022 at 9:26 pm
An Anne Arundel County firefighter was injured while responding to a two-alarm fire at a Curtis Bay restaurant Sunday, fire officials said.
- Seven people injured in weekend violence, including a triple... by Jeff Barker, Cassidy Jensen on September 25, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Seven people were injured in five separate weekend shootings in Baltimore, Baltimore Police said.